Friday, November 02, 2007

Useful Vessel


Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me; melt me; mold me; fill me; use me.


Isaiah 6:8
I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to my people? Who will go for us?"

And I said, "Lord, I'll go! Send me." NLT

Living God,
You are holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty,
You are King of my heart and Lord of my life,
I have mysteriously seen Your divine glory in the temple of my heart when Jesus came in and freed me from the dark dungeon of my past. In the light of Your amazing love, I ashamedly admit that I’ve made many terrible choices and done a lot of awful things. I’m tarnished, broken and unfit to be in Your holy presence; yet, I have seen and felt Your greatness. With a single merciful touch You blotted out my mistakes, forgot my failures, and removed my shame. Graciously, You asked me to clean up my act and represent Your heavenly kingdom on earth.

Seated on the throne of my soul, the flame of Your Holy Spirit continuously burns away all the impurities within me. Because I’m easily contaminated and corrupted by the current world culture, You’re continuously crushing me and reshaping my heart into a perfect pot to continuously pour out compassion. Cleansed with the precious blood of Jesus, I’m filled to overflowing with extravagant peace, exuberant joy, and exceptional hope. Over time, the painful purification process sets me apart and makes me a useful messenger for Your glorious kingdom. Purified others can see the face of my King exalted in me. Lord, I am polished and ready for Your exquisite service. Please use me! Willingly, I’ll go in the power of Your name declaring that You are my Holy God and King. All glory to You for the changes in me! Amen.


Are you willing to allow God to completely destroy you and reshape you into His image to use as He sees fit? Transformation is an on-going process. It is painful, but the end result is an elegant and exquisite display of God’s glorious grace. Recreated, He may ask you to go to places that you’d never dreamed of going; places that you said you’d never go. He may send you on exhilarating adventures. Are you willing to experience the wild side of our Holy God? He’s not concerned about your safety. He’s concerned about rescuing lost souls hiding in dark and perilous places.


Before we can be of any use to Him, we must fully yield to the Potter’s hand, the Refiner’s fire, and the entire purification process. Cry out to our Holy God. Admit your mistakes and weaknesses. Allow Him to fully redeem and use you as a representative of His kingdom here on earth. There is no greater thing!

No comments: