Sunday, February 25, 2018

Isaiah 60

Dear Faithful Reader,
Oops!  I took a little detour. On January 12, I leaped out in faith, and walked away from the consulting firm I had been working for during the past three years. You can read about how God led me on the Much More post on my blog: www.bethrudyconsulting.com

It was time to Arise and Shine! I don't have to tell you that we are living in very dark days. Sadness surrounds us.  

Isaiah 60 says, "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See darkness covers the whole earth, and thick darkness is over all peoples, but the Lord arises upon you and his glory appears over you. You will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy ... to the honor of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, for He has endowed you with splendor."

At my desk, I have posted a note a friend gave me in December. It says, "You are a positive force this world desperately needs." The positive force that's with me is the Holy Spirit who energizes the light of Jesus to shine through me. Jesus is what this world desperately needs.

Isaiah continues, "I will make peace your governor, and righteousness your ruler. The Lord is your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory, and your days of sorrow will end. The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation. I am the Lord; in it's time I will do this swiftly." 

Now, I know this is a message to Israel, but it's also a message to the Church. God's kingdom is on earth today. We are the kingdom. You are the kingdom. I am the kingdom.

My responsibility is to arise and shine. Unfortunately, it caused a pause in Prayer Pal.

I've spent the past month in a flurry of activity - setting up my own consulting practice. Tax Payer Id. DUNS #. Registering as a woman owned small business on SAM, the government web site. Buying domain names and setting up accounts. Filing for a fictitious name. Reaching out to contacts. Designing logos. Setting up QuickBooks. All the activities that go with starting a business.

In the middle of all of it, my Mom turned 80. We threw a big surprise bash for her, bringing home family from across the state and nation to celebrate her beautiful life.

Additionally, God has brought me alongside two families with children battling cancer. I've been busy shining the light. 

I will now try to get back to regularly publishing Prayer Pal.

As I come to mind, please pray for me. I believe God is the Dream Giver, and I'm expecting Him to make my dream a reality. It's a big, audacious dream; one that I cannot achieve on my own. But with God all things are possible. My mission is to glorify God and magnify Jesus as I explain and proclaim biblical principles.

A man came up to me after I spoke at a recent business conference. He said, "Beth, you speak 'spiritual principles' in business language." He was not a follower of Jesus, but of eastern mysticism. But, he recognized the light in me, and I told him it was Jesus.

Peace is indeed my governor and righteousness my ruler. I am trusting God with all my heart, believing that He is Sovereign over everything.

Join me on this adventure by following my blog.

To God be the glory!
Beth

No comments: