Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Luke 2:8-11

Luke 2:8-11
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for inviting me to participate in the shepherds story. When I was walking through a dark valley like them, a brilliant array of brightness burst through the night sky, startling me. Surrounded by radiant beams from Your holy face, a messenger joyfully delivered a magnificent message to me. He told me I do not have to be afraid because You were born in the Bethlehem of my heart to save me from my sins. 

With You in my heart, I do not have to shrink back or belittle myself. I am free to confidently step into Your holy presence. Standing boldly in the dazzling light of Your glory I can shine intensely for You. No matter who I am or what I've done, with You in the manger of my heart, I possess immeasurable power to live valiantly in the same spectacular array of pure light the shepherds saw that night on a hill far away in Bethlehem.
 
Thank You for sending me this blessed Christmas greeting. Because I've heard Your magnificent message, and seen the light of Your love, Your praise will always be on my lips. When anxiety attacks me and sorrow besieges me, I'll unreservedly step out of the darkness into the glorious streams from heaven afar. Shining with the glory of Christ this Christmas, others will unconsciously walk into the powerful liberating light of Your presence to be set free from the tantalizing troubles that terrorize them for the praise of Your luminous name. Amen. 

This Christmas celebrate that you've been chosen by God to receive the Good News. Jesus Christ has been born in the Bethlehem of your heart. This is the good news that brings joy, empowering you to sing His praises at all times ... including troubling times. With Him in the manger of your heart, you can boldly stand in the light of His love, free from fear. Wow! What a gift!
 
What are you afraid of? Step into the powerful light of Jesus. There's nothing to fear. Jesus is near. 

No comments: