Thursday, June 25, 2015

Revelation 2:19, 20, 24-26, 28

Revelation 2:19, 20, 24-26, 28
I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. 

Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants. Now I say to the rest of you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you): Only hold on to what you have until I come.
To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations. I will also give him the morning star.

Morning Star,
Your holy eyes are like blazing fire that cut right through thick secretive walls. Nothing escapes Your sacred scrutiny. You see our love and loyalty. Watching our service and persistence, You're impressed with our increasingly good works.
                         
You also see that charismatic leaders with a world view are controlling and corrupting the church. Powerful, persuasive and prominent, they've been hired for a job rather than called for a ministry. Motivated by prosperity and pleasure, their strategies are self-glorifying and self-indulging. Charmingly manipulative, they misrepresent Your Word and mislead Your people. Holiness and peace have been forsaken for happiness. Have mercy on us, Lord!

Please give me holy eyes that blaze like fire to see through their so-called deep secrets. I want nothing to do with their game of liberal relevance. While they're pursuing programs and performances, I want to be seeking holiness and peace. Help me, by Your Spirit, to hold on tightly to the truth that's been given to me until You come. For firmly following You, I'll be given the gift of divine authority, along with the bright Morning Star. Blessed Assurance! Amen.

If you have an ear on the side of your head bend it toward your heart and listen to Jesus. His fiery eyes cut through everything. He knows the personal agendas of powerful, persuasive, prominent people, and He will not tolerate them much longer. He's aware of the manipulative games they play to increase their popularity. Because they refuse to change their ways, their punishment is coming.

Jesus warns us to steer clear of them and not to compromise holiness and peace for momentary happiness. For firmly following Him, we'll be given the gift of divine authority, along with the bright Morning Star, Jesus.

Who is leading you? Where are they leading you? How are they leading you? Why are you following them? 

No comments: