Thursday, December 19, 2013

Matthew 2:10-11

Matthew 2:10-11

When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Child of God-

I have seen Your splendor and majesty brilliantly beaming down from heaven on high. Under the glowing streams of glory is the wonderful gift of worship. In awe of Your radiant reflection, I joyfully fall on my knees in adoration to worship You in the splendor of holiness. I praise Your great and awesome name!



Rose of Bethlehem

Son of God Most High

Light of the World

Living Word

Messiah

Emmanuel

Wonderful Counselor

Everlasting Father

Prince of Peace

Lover of My Soul

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

And, my Best Friend



You are the worthy of the best I have to offer.



Generously, I give you the tarnished gold of my life. Purify me. Remove the grime, and I will glitter and glimmer becoming incredibly valuable to You. Selflessly, surrendered to You my King, I will sparkle when I sincerely worship You with a life of service.



Freely, I offer You my fragrance frankincense of faithful prayers flowing heavenward. The sweet sound of the song in my heart will be a pleasant perfume of praise to You, O Sovereign God.



Boldly, I bring to You the bitter myrrh of my brokenness. In the shining strength and splendor of Your sanctuary, You graciously accept the sacrifice of my suffering and shame, restoring my righteousness with heavenly healing.



All I really want this Christmas is to worship You with all my soul and strength like the star-guided strangers. After a long strenuous journey through darkness, I have found You in the home of my heart. Now I want to open the glowing streams of glory, take out the wonderful gift of worship, and triumphantly sing in exultation, "Glory to God, all glory in the highest." Hallelujah! Amen.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If You have found the gift of the Christ Child in your heart, will you bow down and worship him? Give Him the tarnished gold of your life. He can make it beautiful. Present him the sweet scent of your prayers and praise. Offer him the bitterness of your suffering and sorrow. Then find someone who needs the heart of Christmas and offer them the Child of Christmas.

No comments: