Monday, February 20, 2012

Philippians 3:8
I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ.

Dear Jesus,
You are the deepest desire of my heart. The power and possessions I once persistently pursued are worthless. The accolades and accomplishments I aggressively accumulated are insignificant. The pleasures and treasures of the world can't come close to knowing You, Jesus. Please show me all the clutter in my life that needs discarded to make room for more of You.

I want to know You more each day. My greatest aspiration is to be more like You in every way. I'm inferior andinadequate. My trinkets and trophies can't save me. They're meaningless to You. All You want is all of me. Knowing You personally and passionately is the only thing that matters. My relationship with You is the most important thing in all of my life.

Clear the clutter from the home of my heart to make room for Your all-consuming power. Using that mighty power, I'll overcome evil and temptation. In Your strength, I'll die to my past addictions and attractions. Sharing in Your suffering, I'll lay down my former lifestyle to follow You, Jesus.

Thank You for preserving History so that I can have heavenly hope. After the excruciating pain of death, joy comes in the "mourning" - beautiful life that never ends.

There is no greater thing than knowing You, Jesus. You mean the world to me. The most valuable treasure of all time is found in You - sweet salvation. With a spring in my step, a song in my heart and a smile on my face I will praise You for Your magnificent greatness in Jesus name.  Amen.


If you were standing before the throne of God and He asked you, "Do you love me with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?" could you honestly answer, "Yes, Lord, You are my most important relationship." How will you prove it?

What are you willing to give up to know Christ better? Time each day for Bible study and prayer? Approval from friends and family? Your personal plans, ambitions, and dreams? Knowing Christ is worth the sacrifice.

Today I will give up _______________________________________ in order to know you more, Jesus.


Go and obey. Jesus said, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching." John 14: 23

No comments: