Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Forgiven in Love

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.

Psalm 32:1-2
Blessed are they
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man
whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

Blessed Redeemer,

You are not only the Lover of My Soul. You are the Most High and Holy Judge. Your Words sweep me off my feet! Thank You for accepting my pitiful plea and declaring me "not guilty." I'm blessed beyond words! My only response is to fall on my knees in humble adoration.
Overwhelming joy pours from my heart because in love You served my death sentence. Mercifully, You've forgiven and forgotten my rebellious, deliberate, stubborn misdeeds. I'm eternally thankful that my daily unintentional, accidental mistakes will never be counted against me. Blessed assurance! Your rich, abundant grace has brought me into an everlasting intimate relationship with You! Your love enthralls me!
Breathe on me, Holy Spirit. Subdue my stubborn will. Tame my temptations. Control my conduct. Heal my hurts. Right my wrongs. And, teach me to live a life of love so that I will forgive others as You've forgiven me. Put a smile on my face today that reflects the joy in my heart because my defiant disobedience has been redeemed by One incredible deal for the praise of Your glorious name. Amen.


If you have nothing else to smile about today, be happy that in Love your sins are forgiven and forgotten forever. That's worth celebrating! Who do you need to forgive because of Love?

Jesus, said, "I cancelled that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?"

Read the Parable of the Unmerciful Servant. Matthew 18:21-35

Read it on-line

No comments: