Tuesday, July 10, 2007




Psalm 93:3-4
The seas have lifted up, O LORD,
the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.

Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.

O Lord God Almighty,
You are the Maker of the spacious steel blue seas teeming with countless creatures. A continuous column of white-capped waves wildly pound their applause while living organisms, large and small, gaily dance beneath them lifting praise to Your high and holy name. Girded with surging strength, who is like You, O Lord? All creation worships You!

You, O Lord, are mightier than the roaring water and stronger than the billowing breakers. When we surrender to Your almighty authority, admitting our faults and frailties, You hurl them into the deep, dark sea of forgetfulness covering them completely with the blood of Jesus. Powerful torrents of mercy sweep over ALL of our BIG bad behaviors. Steady streams of grace from heaven flood over our middle-sized mistakes. And soft showers of love fall from your throne washing away our tiny little temptations.

I just want to join the celebrating sea and shout, “Glory! Hallelujah!” when the waves of glory roll over me! Hallelujah, thank You Jesus for surging over me! Amen.



If you sit by the sea this summer, ponder the mighty power of God. Give Him your sins and He will hurl them into the deep dark sea of forgetfulness. Gratefully receive His forgiveness and join the sea by lifting up your voice to praise His high and holy name.

Micah 7:19 You will hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Like A Mighty Sea
My soul today is thirsting for living streams divine,
To sweep from highest Heaven to this poor heart of mine;
I stand upon the promise, in Jesus’ Name I plead;
O send the gracious current to satisfy my need.

Refrain
Like a mighty sea, like a mighty sea,
Comes the love of Jesus sweeping over me;
The waves of glory roll, the shouts I can’t control;
Comes the love Jesus sweeping o’er my soul.

I see the clouds arising, the mercy clouds of love,
That come to bring refreshing down from the throne above,
The earnest of the shower, just now to us is giv’n,
And now we wait, expecting the floods of grace from Heav’n.

Refrain

The show’rs of grace are falling, the tide is rolling in,
The floodtide of salvation, with power to cleanse from sin;
It’s surging through my being and takes my sin away,
It keeps me shouting glory! through all the happy day.

Refrain

It’s coming, yes, it’s coming, it’s coming down this hour,
A torrent of salvation in saving, cleansing power:
I hear the billows surging, I see them mount and roll;
O glory, hallelujah! they’re sweeping through my soul.

Refrain

No comments: