Monday, November 13, 2006

Praise Him For Who He Is

Psalm 34:1-3
1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

O Loving Lord,
My heart throbs every time I bless Your beautiful name! In awe of Your splendor and majesty, I inhale joyful praise and puff out sweet, long-lasting adoration. You are the pure air I breathe, O God.


My soul yearns to brag about Your greatness:
  • Your holy love is deeper than the massive oceans.
  • Your divine wisdom is higher than majestic mountains.
  • Your mighty power is stronger than the thrashing waves of the sea.
  • Your unending mercy expands to the ends of the earth.
  • Your perfect peace is quieter than a whispering summer breeze.
  • Your exuberant joy twinkles brighter than the brightest star.
  • Your incomparable goodness is exceedingly greater than the fruitful farmlands.
  • Your infinite faithfulness is more trustworthy than the dawning of the day.
  • Your continuous forgiveness flows like a cool refreshing mountain stream.
  • Your wondrous grace is more awesome than the spacious skies.

There is none like You, O Lord. Thank You for giving me a fresh vision of Your holiness. In the light of Your radiant glory, sorrow and suffering diminish, fear and shame disappear, and turmoil and restlessness dissipate, lost in the magnificent celebration of Your beautiful name. With thanksgiving, we bow down and worship You for Who You are. Together we exalt and glorify You because of Your Almighty, All-Powerful, Everlasting name! Amen.

Spend the day gazing of God’s beauty. What do you see? Make a list of His admirable characteristics. With a thankful heart, praise Him for Who He is all day long. Watch your heart lighten beneath praise and adoration.

No comments: